Friday, May 15, 2015

                  Sailor



That bird who flies for the first time
Moves out of the nest looking backwards

With my finger on my lips
                                           I have called you

I invented water games
In the tops of trees

I made you the most beautiful of all women
So beautiful that you blush in the afternoon

                            The moon moves away from us
                             And hurls a crown over the pole

I have made rivers run


                             that never existed

From a cry I raised a mountain
And around we danced a new dance

                             I clipped all the roses

And I taught a snow white bird to sing

We will march wildly through the months

I am the old sailor
                            who sews together ripped horizons



Vicente Huidobro

No comments:

Post a Comment