Thursday, May 14, 2015

                Wind of the Light in June



Carry me wherever you like,
wind of the light in June,
-- whirlpool of the eternal.

Where to?
If I have already gone, if already I return.
If already I want nothing, nothing;
Nor do I have it, not that
I was dreaming of yesterday.

Now for not wanting and not knowing what I want
I want everything . . . What joy!
What happiness to drown in your surf!
I’m like a child who premieres
the pure emotion of Wanting.

Oh, the foam, the distance
and those voices, oranges
-- touch, color, and fragrance --
that stir in the fronds
like spherical surprises!

Carry me wherever you want
-- you embrace me, you defeat me --
so now I yield, docile,
to your wandering will,
light of playing and of fleeing . . .

Carry me, carry me, carry me
sequester me in the eternal
--- anxiety, surf, hindquarters, mane --
wind of the light in June.

Emilio Ballagas

No comments:

Post a Comment